Committee Minutes 23-08-17
Hawkes Bay Branch of the Anthroposophical Society in New Zealand
Committee Meeting. 17 August 2023
In attendance: Robin Bacchus, Robyn Hewetson, Angela Hair, John Jackson
Approval of minutes 13/7/23 with two amendments - typo
It affects the Society and John Jackson will review it from Trust’s perspective
2. Robin Bacchus would like to develop our website to email people who haven’t replied to our request for membership fees.
We need get a correct and centralised list on the website to send emails from it. The contact information and request for change of email information could be placed at the top of weekly newsletter to remind members to update information and pay fees.
Angela to talk with Bernie re arrangement with Te Whiti and Tracy who have agreed to do this job.
4. Parking Strips beside the Centre to be quoted by Jonathon Jordon when weather is drier.
5. We agreed on new positions within the management group:
Treasurer - Robin Bacchus
Chair - Robyn Hewetson
Secretary - Angela Hair
Festivals - John Jackson
Change of Treasurer will hopefully be completed within the next two weeks. Kiwibank have been slow to activate the change over.
According to the year’s budget - income $14000, expenses $10000
6. Membership & fees
We have 126 / 40 people have been contributing - 14 by AP. 26 people have paid lump sum - but still 86 people have not paid.
Married couple rates were discussed and we agreed on:
Single member $90 and Couples $120 and Friends $45
A friendly text message to those that have not paid will be sent by Robin
Text: - we haven’t heard from you, do we have your right email?
Robin to put into a newsletter at a later date.
Website does identify when the email has been opened (maybe read.)
Friends to be asked for a contribution.
Incorporated Society Act says people have to actively join a Society (not simply been deemed to be a member).
Text response would be similarly considered as Incorporated Society Act.
7. Insurance - Kerry McIntyre - Insure Hawkes Bay
work with members, what would you want replaced if there was a fire?
If there was a fire, what we would want to do?
Notice to be drafted for this. Robyn and Robin to put this together.
This is the starting point to ask the members what the expectation is.
8. Special General Meeting - Fire Insurance - in October 14 Saturday 3pm
9. Stephen Evans - Thursday evening Talk - 31 August 2023 7 tea and cakes - 7.30 pm
Title for Talk? Principal of Hohepa School
10. Festival - Spring - John Jackson is coordinating for Sunday 1 October 7pm
11. “Conversations” group is metamorphosing. The initiator group is reforming.
12. The shelves from the Mulders have been claimed by various people.
13. Display Board - Robin will do in October when he is back from his break.
Next meeting: Thursday 28 September 5pm
Posted: Sun 03 Sep 2023